Posted on August 16, 2010 - GC983
Company: LiDAR Services International
Position: LiDAR Project Manager
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Contact Name: Ryan Burke P.Eng.
LiDAR Services International Inc., a growing Calgary based airborne LiDAR survey company (www.lidarservices.ca), is looking for a Geomatics Engineer or Engineer in Training to join our team of professionals, to perform multiple office and field based survey tasks. The full time position is based out of our Calgary office with field travel near and abroad as may be required.
The main role of the LiDAR Project Manager will be to work with a team to ensure successful project data collection and data delivery. Job roles and duties for the Project Manager position may include:
- Coordination of the field collection of GPS, LiDAR and imagery data.
- Processing of all collected data, both in the field and in the office.
- Aerial navigation and operation of LiDAR system.
- Client liaison reporting progress and managing client expectations.
- Involved with Health and Safety program.
- Developing data collection and processing techniques to encourage efficient, high quality data production.
Key qualifications to fit the position include:
- Solid background in Geomatics principals including GPS and conventional surveying, mapping projections and datums, remote sensing and image processing.
- LiDAR Mapping, GIS and CAD software knowledge including Microstation, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, TerraSolid.
- Programming skills is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Aptitude for problem solving and making responsible decisions with minimal supervision.
- Valid passport with availability to travel around the world for extended periods at a time.
LiDAR Services International
400, 3115-12 St NE
Homepage - www.lidarservices.com
E-Mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
<< Back to Job Board