Posted on September 8, 2009 - GC894
Company: 4DM Inc
Position: Remote Sensing and Geospatial Analyst
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact Name: Steven McArdle
Deadline: September 23, 2009
Remote Sensing and Geospatial Analyst
4DM is rapidly growing, providing scientific and engineering consulting services using Geospatial Information Technology. Our expertise allows us to utilize remote sensing, GIS, database management and IT applications to provide sustainable solutions in the water resources, environmental, natural resources and nuclear safeguards areas. Our strengths are applied to strategic consulting, spatial analytics and application development to support policy development, environmental modeling and engineering applications.
The 4DM requires a Remote Sensing and Geospatial Analyst with excellent communication/presentation skills and the ability to manage deadlines. Responsibilities include, the following;
• Satellite and aerial imagery processing and analysis on consulting projects
• LiDAR data processing and analysis
• GIS data building and integration
• Spatial data management
• Map production, report writing, documentation
• Client consultation
• Managing multiple projects
Successful candidate should have the following background and experience
• Degree in geography/ science, engineering and/or geomatics or related field at bachelors or post graduate level.
• Understanding of image processing, and integration with GIS software,
• Experience in working with a range of data of sets including LIDAR, satellite imagery, CAD, and vector
• Solid knowledge in spatial data transformation, management, manipulation, modeling, and building
• Competent experience in geospatial software including ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Envi etc.
• Visualization and presentation of mapping information
• Experience in geodatabase implementation and maintenance.
• Knowledge of quality control and industry standards
Work experience and additional training will also be considered
4DM would like to thank all candidates for applying to the position; however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please Forward a covering letter and resume addressed to Steven McArdle - 4DM Inc. 671 Danforth Ave, Suite 305, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M4J 1L3, Ph/fax 416-410-7569 www.4dm-inc.com, email@example.com
671 Danforth Ave
Homepage - www.4dm-inc.com
E-Mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
<< Back to Job Board