Posted on June 24, 2009 - GC879
Company: Rolta Canada/Orion Technologies
Position: Implementation Specialist
Location: Markham, ON
Contact Name: email@example.com
Deadline: July 4, 2009
Orion Technology, a division of Rolta Canada Limited, is based in Markham, Ontario, Canada and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rolta International, Inc. Orion has worked with clients throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Japan, Bhutan, United Arab Emirates, Jamaica, and Botswana - helping them integrate spatial technology into all facets of their business.
The Implementation and Training team is looking for an Implementation Specialist to join our group based in Markham, Ontario. Principal duties will focus around implementation of Rolta’s OnPoint WebGIS solutions, which includes on-site installation, client training, solution testing, problem resolution and other tasks as needed in support of customers. Strong enterprise systems (Windows), geographical information systems (ESRI) and database skills (Oracle/SQL Server) are necessary to succeed. Both written (technical documentation, emails, etc) and verbal (training, client discussions, etc.) communication must be strong. The successful candidate must exhibit ability to think “outside the box” through technical problem solving and in helping clients increase the value of their web-based GIS solutions using Rolta’s and its partner technologies.
Travel is balanced with time in our Markham office, but is required to destinations inside North America and occasionally elsewhere.
• Install and configure our Web GIS software products as part of an overall solution individually or as part of a team
• Install and configure supporting enterprise GIS software from partners and supporting vendors, including Oracle, SQL Server, ESRI ArcGIS Server, etc.
• Help optimize performance of underlying Windows Server systems related to Rolta’s OnPoint solutions
• Assist the sales team through technical assistance during the sales process
• Maintain positive relationships with all clients, customers and organizational partners
• Perform consulting or support services (including telephone support and production services) for customers as directed
• Help maintain, develop and conduct training to clients and partners to help increase software adoption and project successes
• Keep current with the latest GIS-related technologies and related techniques
• Document customer interactions and perform basic Project Management duties for assigned projects
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Individual in mid-career in a role supporting, implementing or maintaining database and systems, preferably in the geographical field
• Undergraduate honours degree in Geography, Planning, Engineering or Computer Science, or 3 year degree with 1 year earning post-degree certification in GIS/Information Systems.
• Proficiency in at least two of the following three disciplines: a) Windows Systems, b) enterprise databases, c) ESRI GIS. Ideally the candidate will possess strengths in all 3 areas
• Basic scripting and programming abilities for automation of tasks and processes
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Desired
• Practical experience with the full suite of ESRI’s desktop and enterprise products
• Experience integrating multiple web-based applications together
• Maintaining and using ESRI ArcSDE combined with Oracle or SQL Server
• Report creation using Crystal Reports or SQL Server Reporting Services
• Microsoft SharePoint Server configuration and process flow design
• Competency in the complete Microsoft Office suite, including Visio and Project
• Intermediate SQL query statement generation for select, update and insert
Rolta Canada/Orion Technologies
80 Whitehall Dr., Suite #3
Homepage - www.oriongis.com
E-Mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
<< Back to Job Board