Posted on March 4, 2009 - GC851
Company: Sellutions Inc
Position: Instructor, GIS Applications
Contact Name: Diane Johnson
Deadline: March 20, 2009
Our client, The College of the North Atlantic’s Geospatial Research Facility, is located at the Corner Brook Campus in Newfoundland. The research facility is focused on putting research, science and technology into practice to enhance decision-making processes involving terrestrial ecosystems. They urgently need an Instructor, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) & Applications. Besides a strong technical background in GIS applications, the successful candidate must possess knowledge of teaching and learning methods and have a strong commitment to a student-centered approach to teaching.
• Bachelor’s degree with a geospatial-related application specialization, or other related discipline supplemented with a minimum of 3 years work experience. A Bachelor of Education, Post-Secondary Instructor’s Certificate, or previous instructional experience would be an asset;
• A strong technical background in GIS software applications, data management and associated automation and customization environments are mandatory;
• Programming skills with experience in developing desktop and web-based GIS applications;
• Extensive knowledge of integrating GPS and remote sensing data into GIS workflows;
• RDBMS development using software such as Oracle, SQL Server or Access;
• The ESRI suite of GIS products;
• Strong communication, presentation and classroom management skills combined with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
101 - 39 Robertson Road
E-Mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
<< Back to Job Board