Posted on January 20, 2017 - GC1628
Company: Town of Ajax
Position: Asset Management Technologist
Location: Town of Ajax
Salary: $54,035 - $56,039 (under review)
Contact Name: Jackie Lumsden
Deadline: February 10, 2017
Reporting to the Supervisor of Infrastructure & Asset Management, the Asset Management Technologist takes a supporting role in the ongoing
development, coordination, implementation and administration of the Corporate Asset Management Plan. Responsibilities include:
- conducting data collection and condition assessments of all infrastructure assets
- using the data in analysis procedures related to life cycle planning, prediction, budgeting and reporting
- preparation, review and administration of tenders, RFPs, technical specifications, contract documents, etc. related to asset management initiatives and contracts
- keeping asset inventories and associated records current within the Town's GIS and/or database system(s)
- assisting with annual reporting to the Finance department on the acquisition and disposal of Town-owned Tangible Capital Assets
As the successful candidate, you are committed to exceptional quality customer service and will assist with innovative ways to achieve
operational efficiencies that support defined levels of service.
- diploma in civil engineering
- minimum three years of experience,
- Certified Engineering Technologist/Technician (C.E.T./C.Tech) designation from OACETT,
- post-secondary education in Geographical Information Systems plus a minimum of one year of experience
- certification as a Registered Playground Practitioner through Ontario Parks Association is considered an asset
- excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with user departments to convey relevant information in a timely manner
- advanced computer skills in a Microsoft environment
- ability to provide a valid Class 'G' license with clean abstract and a current criminal reference check satisfactory to the Town of Ajax
Applications will be accepted on-line at www.ajax.ca/careers until 11:59 p.m., February 10, 2017.
We would like to thank all applicants however, please note that only those selected for an
interview will be contacted and all other applicants will be kept on file. Applicants are advised that written,
oral and practical testing may form part of the selection process.
The Town of Ajax is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
As we grow, it is important that our workforce becomes more reflective of the residents we serve to further the diversification
of ideas that makes Ajax a great place to live and work. The Town of Ajax respects, encourages and celebrates our diversity.
Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process, please make your needs known to HR Services in advance.
Town of Ajax
65 Harwood Avenue South
Homepage - www.ajax.ca
E-Mail - email@example.com
<< Back to Job Board