Posted on January 26, 2012 - GC1180
Company: Strategic Forest Managment Inc
Position: GIS Technician
Location: Campbell River Office
Contact Name: Human Resources
We want enthusiastic, hard‐working people with a passion for cutting edge technology to join our team of resource professionals and become involved in a variety of GIS projects in Coastal BC.
An Advanced Diploma in GIS, or formalized training in one or more applicable areas of Geographic Information Systems is required. The GIS Technician position is considered an intermediate position. Candidates experience level should reflect this. The applicant must have experience in the natural resource sector and have working knowledge of operational forestry. They must be able to produce and deliver accurate and professional deliverables with particular attention on quality, time and cost parameters, both independently and in a team environment. The ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to changing deadlines, and problem solving skills are critical.
Although field experience is not required, the willingness and ability to visit the field on occasion is preferred.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Working knowledge of operational forestry and other natural resource‐based mapping
- Advanced knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS 9.x/10
- Advanced knowledge of GPS systems including Trimble and/or OnPoz
- Experience with the LRDW and common BC Gov’t datasets (TRIM, VRI, DRA, etc...)
- Strong data management and troubleshooting skills
- Strong customer service / client relationship skills
The following skills would be considered an asset:
- Experience with Cengea Systems
- Experience with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Experience with VNS (Visual Nature Studio)
- Experience with LiDAR Systems and Processing
- Experience with SDE and SQL Server/Express
- Experience with FME, XML, and BC Government Electronic Submission Framework (ESF) framework
- Experience with Adobe Suite products incl. Photoshop and Illustrator
We pride ourselves on maintaining a safe, respectful and fun work environment that promotes values such as teamwork, professional accountability, and work/life balance. All applicants must be enthusiastic workers and learners who thrive and excel in a team environment. Your positive attitude and dedication to workplace safety is critical to your role with our team.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive benefits package for full‐time employees. Applicants must be willing to relocate to Campbell River, BC and be available to start within a short time frame. If you are interested, please email in confidence, with “GIS Application” in the subject line, to Employment@sfmi.ca on or before February 1st, 2012 at 4pm.
Strategic Forest Managment Inc
Campbell River, BC
Homepage - www.sfmi.ca
E-Mail - Employment@sfmi.ca
<< Back to Job Board