Posted on December 15, 2011 - GC1158
Company: Woodlands Forest Management Inc.
Position: GIS Manager / Analyst
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Contact Name: Bruce Nielsen
Woodlands Forest Management Inc. (WFMI) is a natural resource consulting firm based in Whitecourt, Alberta. WFMI operates an office in St. Albert, Alberta and conducts field operations throughout central and northern Alberta. WFMI provides resource management consulting services to the forest and energy sectors focusing on inventory, silviculture, reclamation, and applied ecology. Our growing field work requires the support of a full time GIS and spatial data manager. This posting is a full time, permanent, salaried position based in St. Albert.
GIS Manager / Analyst: The successful candidate will have a post secondary education majoring in GIS and a minimum of three years of natural resource based GIS experience. This individual will help to source new work while designing spatial products and maintaining quality control on existing projects. Required technical and managerial skills include:
- Providing support to a broad range of projects spanning silviculture, forest inventory, land use, ecology, geomorphology, hydrology, and spatial modeling.
- Data analysis and interpretation.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Scripting experience with Python.
- Experience and skill with statistics and spatial statistics is an asset.
- Understanding of relational databases including MS Access and SQL Server.
- An understanding of business processes and an ability to manage projects
- An ability to teach / mentor a GIS technician and provide GIS support to field personnel.
- Provide data management leadership and support to project participants.
- Creation and management of GIS based data sets, data-stores and processes to manage spatial data.
- Demonstrated experience with development of mobile applications.
WFMI offers a competitive salary, continuing education opportunities, comprehensive benefits, production bonuses, and a flexible work environment. Submit a resume and cover letter in MS word or .pdf format by email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being interviewed will be contacted. This posting will close on January 9th, but successful applicants may be contacted before that date.
For more information, please visit www.wfmiconsulting.com
Woodlands Forest Management Inc.
Homepage - www.wfmiconsulting.com
E-Mail - email@example.com
<< Back to Job Board