Posted on November 30, 2011 - GC1137
Company: Ontario Public Service
Position: Geomatics Plan Technician
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Contact Name: Ontario Public Service
Geomatics Plan Technician
Bring your Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) skills, experience and survey expertise and be part of a progressive and professional team supporting the design and construction of Ontario's highways!
NOTE: Less qualified candidates may be considered on an underfill basis.
In this challenging and technically diverse role, you will:
• create and assess legal and engineering survey products using specialized computer software (e.g. AutoCAD Land Desktop), drafting techniques and standards and GIS tools and software
• research, produce and maintain engineering and title records
• assist ministry staff by providing technical guidance and support
Location: 615 James Street South, Thunder Bay, Ontario
What we are looking for:
Legal and Engineering Survey Related Knowledge and Experience:
• you have demonstrated knowledge of legal and engineering survey plans and plan preparation
• you have knowledge of relevant legislations such as Registry Act, Surveys Act, Land Titles Act and Public Transportation and Highway Improvement Act
• you have demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles, practices and procedures including digital terrain modelling and alignments
• you have demonstrated knowledge of control networks and control surveys as well as coordinating geometry and least squares adjustments
• you have knowledge of land registry records and practices
Other Essential Skills:
• you have well developed interpersonal and communication skills
• you have excellent analytical and research skills and can adapt to technological changes
• you have effective organizational skills to coordinate and organize your own work activities on multiple projects with varying levels of complexity
Salary range: $1,039.73 – $1,211.72 per week
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 40572, by December 21, 2011. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Ontario Public Service
Homepage - www.ontario.ca/careers
E-Mail - @.
<< Back to Job Board