Posted on October 17, 2011 - GC1117
Company: City of Airdrie
Position: GIS Coordinator
Location: Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Salary: $64,692 to $80,865
Contact Name: Human Resources
Primary Accountabilities Include:
• Manage the development and implementation of GIS solutions
• Manage core GIS operations and business applications
• Coordinate and plan for future GIS initiatives
• Act as project manager for all corporate GIS initiatives
• Evaluate and monitor skill development for the GIS Team
• Assist in the development of the annual GIS budget
• A Bachelors or Master’s degree from an accredited educational institution in business, information technology, geomatics, geography, computer science or related field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience using ArcGIS products;
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with geodatabase design, implementation and optimization
• Minimum of 3 years of experience administering and managing ArcGIS Server
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with web mapping
• Minimum of 2 year of experience using project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
• Minimum of 2 years of on the job experience using Python
• Minimum of 2 years of experience using and managing GPS devices and mobile GIS technologies
Skills and Attributes:
• Operational experience with the following ArcGIS extensions: 3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst, Job Tracking (JTX)
• Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to demonstrate excellent cartography skills
• Ability to demonstrate excellent presentation skills
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to excellence and attention to detail
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge and use of GIS best practices
• Ability to demonstrate excellent time management skills
• Ability to demonstrate a passion for GIS
• Experience with spatial statistics
• Experience with the development of a GIS strategic plan
• Experience with asset management
• Experience with FME
• Experience with budget and/or business plan development
• Familiarity with municipal government operations
• Possess, or ability to obtain, a GISP certification
The GIS Team at the City of Airdrie is one that strives for excellence in a very collaborative environment. If you are a hardworking, self-motivated, detail oriented, results focused, and customer service oriented individual that isn’t satisfied with the status quo then we look forward to receiving your application for this position.
The City of Airdrie fosters a culture of accountability and values open dialogue, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative relationships, continuous learning, ownership, and encouraging the heart.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a current, acceptable Criminal Record Check; and a current, acceptable Driver's Abstract, if applicable.
While preference will be given to internal candidates who meet the requirements, this position is also open to external candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the City of Airdrie.
Candidates are invited to provide a cover letter which addresses the qualifications listed above, and their resume.
City of Airdrie
400 Main Street S.E.
Homepage - http://www.airdrie.ca/human_resources/index.cfm
E-Mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
<< Back to Job Board