Posted on July 5, 2011 - GC1072
Company: Ontario Public Service
Position: Senior Technician Surveys
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Contact Name: Ontario Public Service
Senior Technician Surveys
Your superior surveying expertise is in demand at the North Region Geomatics Field and Technical Support Section of the Ministry of Transportation.
In this position, you will:
• perform and assess engineering and project control surveys and other data collection for the planning, design, construction and operation of transportation facilities
• perform legal surveys for the acquisition and disposal of property
Location: 615 South James Street, Thunder Bay, Ontario
What we are looking for:
• demonstrated experience performing engineering project control and legal surveys
• the ability to operate automated survey equipment including total stations, data collectors, global positioning systems (GPS) receivers and precise levels
• demonstrated knowledge of surveying principles and practices, including knowledge of pertinent legal statutes, regulations and standards
• knowledge and ability to perform geometric and trigonometric calculations
• well-developed computer skills and the ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and survey specific software
Analytical and Communication Skills:
• proven interpretative, evaluative and analytical skills to understand survey plans, assess physical evidence, determine most appropriate survey methodology and determine completeness and accuracy of data
• well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively on survey crews and respond to inquiries from the public
• a valid driver's licence and ability to travel extensively within the region to conduct field work
Salary range: $885.85 - $1,005.10 per week
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 37701, by July 26, 2011. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Ontario Public Service
Homepage - www.ontario.ca/careers
E-Mail - @.
<< Back to Job Board